H is for Hats and Honey!
We have been working on the letter J and H.
*Children practiced with the letters in handwriting.
We have been focusing on correct placement of letters - Captial, descending, small and tall. Children are learning to appropriately place letters in their writing.
For letters H and J Children:
* recognized the letters in print and listened for the sounds at the beginning and ending of words.
*Poems: Aunt Jane's Store and A House for Hippo focused on each letter of the week
and sight words: WE, OF, HE, and SHE.
*Children stamped sight words, cut, mixed, sorted and pasted sight words, and created a he and She picture.
*For the letter J - children created jingle jackets
*For the letter H - Holiday Hats - children chose a hat style and decorated them with glitter, pom-pom balls, and markers.
* We have also been continuing our study of short a word families. This week and last we practiced word families: ad, ap, and an. Helping your child to recognize words in these word families or create words using these word families is great practice. ad - had, mad, am - Sam, jam ap - nap, tap, trap
We added to our word family tree that we began earlier in the year when at and am was introduced.
*Journal Writing - after watching the first grade play and reading about Peace - children wrote in their journals about peace, doing the right thing, or treating others kindly.
* Weekend News Journaling
* Lexia Core 5 Reading
* Kid Pix - Children drew and labeled J is for ----------. H is for -----------.
* Poem on our Interactive White board
*How many in all?
*Counting by 1, 5s, and 10s
* We finished up Chapter 5: Size and Position
Big and small things
Does it fit? - concept of fitting
Positions - positional words: beside, behind, next to, in front of, etc.
Before and After - order of events
Children have been practicing and preparing for the Winterfest Performance on Friday, December 18th at 10:30.
Dismissal to follow at 12:00.
Great Job to our 2 Book Buzzers!