Thank you to the Hantman Family for the Cat in the Hat hats!
They added to the excitement of the day.
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
We enjoyed some great Dr. Seuss books - The Lorax & Hop on Pop
This week we practiced with the letter Ll.
* children highlighted and recognized l in text.
* children listened for the /l/ in the beginning , middle, and end of words
* practiced writing l capital and lowercase; practiced forming l with clay
* L activities - that included reading words with l matching words with pictures, etc.
* Sight words GET and YOU - Children wrote the words, stamped them and used them in sentence.
Children wrote words and cut them up, mixed them up then unscrambled them to paste them together to form sight words.
* Practice with sentence writing - focusing on using lowercase, spacing, sounding out fand representing beginning, middle, and ending sounds.
*Weekend news writing - children write about their weekend with focus on adding detail to pictures and writing.
Third Grade Buddy Time FUN WITH FRIENDS
Kindergartners created invitations to invite their their third grade buddies to some special fun time together.
First, Kindergartners designed their invitation on KID PIX.
Then, we talked about the words WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE.
Next, the children filled in the information to answer these questions.
Finally, the children hand-delivered their invitation to their buddies.
K-3 Buddies enjoyed several activities together:
* Hot chocloate
* Painting a portrait
* making symmetry paintings with mitten cut outs
* Math games: Children played the "Plus and Minus" game
See the photos page for more photos
* Kid Pix - Children created an L picture and wrote a sentence to go along with it. L is for ---------.
- Children created an invitation to their "Fun with Friends" celebration with 3rd grade buddies
* Wet, Dry, Try - practice with formation of the letter L and l.
* Numbers 20 - 49 - grouping by 10s and counting by 10s and 1s
* February Calendar - children reflect on the past month and write in the dates.
* Plus and Minus game
Great Job to our two great Book Buzzers!
Thank you, to Mrs. Barker and Mrs. Foley - Marsello for visiting!