The children certainly did a wonderful job at the FA Helper Presentation. We are so proud of them!
I am hoping to share a video of it with you and am looking into the best way to do that.
The children have been enjoying the estimation jars. Thank you to those who have been able to bring something in up to this point.
We have been busy...
* Writing books and even some poems
* working on Lexia
* Reading in book clubs
* Language Arts Menu - ask your child what he or she has chosen from this menu
* Organizing and reflecting on learning portfolios and growth
* Reflecting on independent reading by writing a brief summary.
*Preparing for our Community Heroes Project - children have chosen their desired job. This week we prepared for the upcoming interviews with people in these jobs by listing interview questions on index cards. Each child has set up a folder for this ongoing project.
* In spelling we focused on the /er/ sound produced with one of these 3 spellings - ir, er, and ur. Ask your child about some of the tricks we discussed for determining which spelling to apply. We also continue to review other spelling concepts such as dropping the e before adding ed or ing.
Children continue to work together in small groups to build their communities.
They are demonstrating great cooperation, communication, and planning skills.
Some children chose to share their publications with their classmates, and Mrs. Barker shared the story The Goat Lady by Jane Bregoli.