* This week...
We celebrated the 100th day of school! Children had a great time celebrating and learning with the number.
100th Day activities:
* 100 tallies headband - children wrote sets of tallies and wrote numbers up to 100
* 100 pc trail mix: Children counted out 10 pieces of 10 small food items to make a trail mix with 100 pieces.
* 100 cups stack. Children stack and arranged 100 plastic Solo cups.
* 100 Number Grid search - Children searched the classroom for hidden Hershey kisses with a number written on the bottom. The number on the bottom of the Hershey kiss corresponded with a missing number in our pocket chart. The children were to replace the missing number once the found the Hershey kiss that went along with it.
* Journal writing - What did you enjoy about the 100th day of Kindergarten?
* 100 footstep prediction. Children predicted how far they would get from our classroom taking 100 footsteps. Ask your child what his/her prediction was and how fart it took us.
* We worked with the vowel I and short I word families: ig, ip, id, in, and it. Children searched for word families in text, built words, created lists, and added to our word family tree.
* Reading groups met. I hope your child enjoyed sharing his/her guided reading book.
* Practice with Tallies
* Kid Pix using a word family to create a KID PIX picture. IG, IT, IN, IP, ID is for --------.
* Weekend New writing
* Wet, Dry, Try
In Math we focused on...
* Practice grouping items by 2, 5, and 10 to count items. We practiced as a whole group, practiced using items on the interactive whiteboard, practiced with objects working with partners and independently.