Visitors in our classroom...
Mrs. Barker came to read, and Mrs. Hoopes finished her poetry lessons with the class. Thank you, Mrs. Barker and Mrs. Hoopes.
* Weekend News Journal
*We read our new Big book Dan the Flying Man a story about a man that flies around town challenging the townspeople to catch him. Children decided where they would fly over and wrote about it in their writing journal.
* Poetry writing
Friends Helping Friends...children create together.
* In math we continued working with comparing sets up to 10 and move to comparing sets up to 20
* Discussed "fewer" and "more"
* Worked with number trains
* Monster Squeeze game - a number guessing game where children have to describe their "secret" number as less than or more than in order for others to guess the secret number.
* Practice with tallies
* Children used the plus and minus dice to create a hop along the alphabet game