Here is what we've been up to...
* Last week children met with constellation groups.
* The letters we have been working on are U and K. We continued with the letter u last week as we always do for the vowels introducing the short u word families. Last week, we worked on word families: ug, up, ut, ud, and un.
* Listed word families and words.
*sorted words by word families
*Created a word family garden
* recognized word families in text
*Poem of the week which focused on short u word families No Fun for Cub - children searched for word families in text
* Began a new big book which we will continue working with next week. Three Little Ducks is about a mother duck that teaches her three little ducks to do all sorts of things including walking, eating, and finally flying.
* Children practiced forming the letter k as lowercase and capital. Ask them how to form this letter.
*Listed words that begin with the letter k
*Recognized words with k in them and determined by listening to words if the /k/ sounds was in the beginning or end of the words.
*Sight words: here and they
*Kid Pix ug, up, ut, un is for ---------. AND K is for --------.
*Wet, Dry, Try - practice with letter formation
* Children worked hard on their poetry. They used time last week to finish up their poetry as well as illustrate their poetry for ARTS AND POETRY Night as well as for the Friendly Falcon which is a poem anthology with an entry from each child up to 5th grade. Each child will get a copy at the end of the year.
* Preparing for the ABCs of Kindergarten: We have introduced the ABCs of Kindergarten presentation which takes place on Thursday, June 2nd. Please mark your calendars. Children will be using the remainder of the year to work on the various aspects of this special day. One of those projects is their ABC List Book of our KINDERGARTEN MEMORIES. Each day children fill in a couple of pages for their own book. We brainstormed as a class the various memories of our year together.
*Next week we will begin choosing animals for our animal research project.
*Celebrating signs of spring and planting Marigolds
Please visit the photos page for more photos of our week.